ABOUT LYNN BIRDWELL
Photo Credit: Cristie Williams
Since 1993, Lynn has skillfully produced for and owned award-winning commercial and documentary film production companies with blue chip advertising agencies and direct clients. A founder of Texas commercial film production company Rio Bravo Pictures, she served as managing partner until 2002. She served as an agency broadcast film producer for the largest Hispanic-owned advertising agency in the US, Lopez Negrete Communications throughout 2002, producing for Goya, Walmart, and Bank of America.
Lynn also continually managed location production work for many magazine-format and reality TV shows, and in 2010 was tapped to line produce and direct the Gracie award-winning 3rd season of The Little Couple for LMNO Productions and The Learning Channel. One of her favorite career projects was line producing and interviewing Holocaust survivors for Steven Speilberg’s “Shoah Foundation” historical museum archives.
Today she provides production services as an Executive Producer for Bird House Productions, which includes TV commercials, music videos, web content, and photo shoots for world-class production companies, directors, still photographers, and global brands. Lynn is also thrilled to represent a roster of brilliant directors through full services production company Rivet, based in Houston. Rivet serves advertising agencies for creative projects, both motion and still photography, for web content and TV, and also produces short films, documentaries and music videos for direct clients.
Often, Lynn’s deep interest in a subject will lend to her serving as director for an art film or fundraising video, for an amazing and worthwhile project, or… just because. Some of the latest favorite projects she helmed can be seen at LynnBirdwell.com. These projects include a beautiful art film and performance project, “Breath, the Pulse of the Universe,” presented to a sold-out audience, by both the Rothko Chapel, and the Museum of Fine Arts Houston, leading to a partnership with Pamela Johnson, at BreathThePulseOfTheUniverse.com.
Coming from an extended, but Houston-based family, Lynn is always happy to share what’s wonderful about Houston to new visitors. She is an active member of Women in Film & TV, American Advertising Federation, Texas Association of Motion Media Professionals, the Texas Motion Picture Alliance, the Petroleum Club of Houston, and is a longtime member of the Association of Independent Commercial Producers. She supports the arts in Houston as a delighted guild member for Houston’s beloved Rothko Chapel, and as a founding board member of the CLBB Foundation for the Arts in Education, honoring her mother.
Awards she has been proud to receive for her work include the American Advertising Addy Awards, Telly Awards, WorldFest Awards, MTV Awards, UK Music Video Awards, Gracie Awards, and Cannes Lion, as well as being honored in museums world-wide, for artistic excellence.
Commercials, Documentaries, Feature Films, Music Videos, Photo Shoots, Web Content, Television
- Auto Industry: Ford Quick Lane, Ford Trucks, Hyundai, Mazda, Pennzoil
- Digital Services: AT&T, HP, Microsoft
- Documentary: Gulf States Toyota “Katrina”, “Katrina – 1 Year Later”; Proud Pony Internat’l/Ray Hill “The Trouble with Ray”; Titan Internat’l “Autobiography of Morry Taylor”
- Editorial: ESPN Magazine, Esquire Magazine
- Energy and Oil/Gas Brands: Baker Hughes, British Petroleum, Champion Energy, Chevron, Citgo, Exxon/Mobil, NRG Energy, Reliant Energy, Shell, Statoil, Weatherford
- Feature Film: “Bagatelle” development; “Ay Lav Yuu Tuu” all domestic production
- Food/Beverage/Restaurants: ClifBar, Chivas, Gatorade, Golden Cap Cider, Macaroni Grill, McDonald’s, Mountain Dew, Our Vodka/Pernod Ricard, Papa John’s, PepsiCo, WingStop
- Home Services: John Moore Services
- Luxury Brands/Retail: Bernardo Shoes, Bulgari, Caboodles, IKEA, Pirch, Reebok
- Music: One Direction “Drag Me Down”, The Suffers “Peanut”
- Network Television and Web/Podcasts: The Learning Channel’s “The Little Couple” (episodic TV); TLC The Learning Channel, NBC Universal and USA Network (branding campaigns); Brene Brown
- Professional Services/Medical: Emcare, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, South Texas Dental, Texas Children’s Hospital
- Public Service and the Arts: Cultural Arts Museum Houston, Holocaust Museum Houston, Museum of Fine Arts Houston, Primrose Schools, University of TX Medical Branch Galveston
- Residential/Commercial Real Estate & Development: Bridgeland, Carlton Woods, Howard Hughes Corporation, The Woodlands
- Sports: Champions Golf Club, NBA, NFL, Reebok, Sky Sports
- Travel: Southwest Airlines, Texas Tourism
- Documentary: The Petroleum Club of Houston
- Energy Brands: Sunnova
- Food/Beverage/Restaurants/Retail: Eskimo Hut, Imperial Sugar/Dixie Crystals, Savory Pantry, Valero Corner Store
- Mass Transit: Capital Metro Austin
- Music: Runaway Sun “Bad Bad Man”
- Public Service and the Arts: Rothko Chapel, Breath the Pulse of the Universe
- Residential master-planned Texas communities/Commercial Development: KissingTree, NorthGrove, Santa Rita Ranch, Westchase District
- Runaway Sun “Bad Bad Man”
- “Breath, the Pulse of the Universe”
- “Hockey Meets Arts & Crafts”
- Holocaust Museum “The Butterfly Project”
- “Lynn Wyatt and Sissy Farenthold”
- “The Rothko Chapel according to Christopher Rothko”
- Petroleum Club of Houston “Legacy”
- Westchase District “What Are You Chasing?”